Staying positive and motivated can be tough when starting a new exercise routine or when you reach a plateau in your workouts. As we all know this can be a slippery slope to losing your routine and ultimately not reaching your goals. We at the body loft are dedicated in helping you reach your health and fitness goals, so here are a few tips in staying positive!
1. BE PATIENT with yourself and your exercising. Most of us exercise to tone up, lose or maintain weight, and stay healthy. Results are not going to happen over night or even in the first week. There are no shortcuts in exercising and working out, so you must be patient with yourself if you want to see results. If you are burning more calories than you are eating, your body is changing. This might not be at the pace you want, but remember living healthy is a life style!
2. REFLECT on a time when you were successful in your work outs and exercise routine. Also think about when you struggled and stopped exercising. Do you notice a pattern or trigger that disrupts your routine? Start with a basic routine that is realistic with your schedule since we all know how busy life can get.
3. COMMUNITY. Surround yourself with other people who share similar goals and routines. Coming to Body Loft classes each week are a great way to stay motivated in a positive atmosphere. Remember you are not alone in your journey!
4. EAT, DRINK, AND SLEEP WELL. A healthy diet, staying hydrated, and getting enough sleep is known to affect our mood and mental health. Although exercise is a great way to help you feel better, diet is just a crucial in maintaining a positive attitude. So, eat whole foods, drink water, and get 8 hours of sleep as often as possible.
5. REWARD yourself for all the good work you have done by getting a massage, night out with friends, a movie, or some new work out clothes. As much as staying motivated and on track is important, it is also necessary to recognize the hard work you have put in and how good it makes you feel!